The cart is empty
Servings: 4 Prep time: 20minutes
Almond Crepes with Cherries & Yogurt
Everyone loves crepes for a breakfast treat, and with honeyed Greek yogurt and fresh cherries as a filling these are completely decadent and delicious. Crepes seem like they could be a lot of work, but the batter is easy to pull together and the crepes themselves can be cooked ahead of time and re-heated and filled on a hot pan or skillet. Once you get the knack of the swirl and flip, you’ll make short work of them. Another good thing is that this recipe uses almond flour. Almond flour is a great way to cut down on the carbs and add protein to pancake and crepe batters, while adding tons of flavor. Seriously who could ask for anything more?
1. In a medium bowl whisk together eggs, almond flour, whole wheat pastry flour, 1 tablespoon honey, vanilla extract and salt. Mix together until smooth. Cover and store in refrigerator for about 30 minutes
2. In a small bowl mix together Greek yogurt and ¼ cup of honey. Hold in refrigerator.
3. Heat a small non-stick pan with 1 teaspoon of coconut oil. Using a paper towel, smear the oil around the pan to coat it evenly and thinly. Keep the oily paper to re-oil the pan in between batches.
4. When the pan is hot, pour ¼ cup of the batter into the pan and quickly swirl it around to thinly and evenly coat the bottom. Pour any excess back into the bowl of batter. Cook until the sides set, then flip and cook the other side. Continue this process for all of the batter.
5. Once the crepe is cooked, place a small dollop of the Greek yogurt in the middle of the crepe. Fold it into triangles or roll. Continue for all crepes. Garnish with cherries and serve.
Ally Zeitz, Drexel Food Lab
Ann’s Tips and Tricks
When cherries are out of season, use frozen sweet cherries instead of fresh.