The cart is empty
Servings: 2 Prep time: 20minutes
Black Bean Breakfast Burrito
There’s something so satisfying and comforting about Southwestern-style breakfasts. This breakfast burrito will fit the bill. It’s the perfect filling, protein rich breakfast or brunch. If you want to save some time, you can use store-bought salsa instead of making the pico de gallo. Just be sure there is a minimal amount of ingredients listed on the label.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk the eggs with 1 teaspoon of water, cayenne pepper, if using, and salt and pepper.
3. In a medium non-stick skillet heat 1 teaspoon of oil over medium heat. Add the eggs and cook, stirring to scramble, just until set. Stir in in the cheese, and cook until all the cheese has melted. Remove from heat.
4. Wipe the same skillet clean. Heat the remaining 1 teaspoon of oil over medium-high heat, and add the drained black beans. Cook just until heated through, about 1 minute. Remove from heat.
5. Wipe the same skillet clean, and heat the tortillas, just until warmed.
6. Fill the tortillas vertically, across the center, with the pico de gallo, about an inch away from the edges. Then top with even amounts of beans, scrambled eggs, and diced avocado. Fold over the top and the bottom of the tortilla, then fold over the sides, overlapping them. Serve, folded side down.