The cart is empty
Servings: Makes about 3 dozen Prep time: 20minutes
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chocolate chip cookies might be popular to eat, but that doesn’t mean they’re easy to make. In our quest to make the perfect chocolate chip cookie we ended up with a few sad and even disastrous batches. Finally, we came up with this recipe. It’s neither too chewy or crumbly, and has just the perfect bit of salt to bring out the sweetness of the dough and chocolate chips. Enjoy!
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a medium bowl sift together the whole wheat pastry flour, all-purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat the butter until fluffy and pale. Add the sugars, beating and scraping down the sides from time to time. Once the mixture resembles frosting, beat in the eggs one at a time. Add the vanilla and mix until incorporated.
4. Add the dry ingredients to the wet mix in 3 batches. Using a wooden spoon, stir the mixture a bit between each addition until the flour is just incorporated. Fold in the chocolate chips.
5. Using a tablespoon, roll the cookies into a ball then flatten in the palms of your hands. Bake at 375 degrees for about 8-10 minutes, until lightly golden. Halfway through cooking, tap each cookie down with the back of a spatula. Cool on a wire rack.
For more chocolatey inspiration take a look at some more of our Chocolate Deserts!
Ann’s Tips and Tricks
Eat all sweet, sugary treats in moderation. A little bit of sweetness can make you feel good, but don’t overdo it! High calorie desserts are best as an occasional treat, never a habit.