The cart is empty
Servings: 6 Prep time: 20minutes
Citrus Thyme Roasted Chicken
Though this dish looks like a 4 hour project, prep-time is a quick 20-30 minutes. The lovely combination of citrus and thyme works for any season, combine with any side to serve as a main course. And because you are working with a whole chicken, you are sure to have leftovers which can be used throughout the week.
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Pat chicken dry and set on a baking dish breast-side up
3. Loosen the chicken skin with fingertips. Slide blood orange slices under the chicken skin.
4. Rub the chicken with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Season inside the cavity with salt and pepper. Place the lemon slices, thyme and the garlic inside the cavity. Tie the chicken legs together with kitchen twine to close the cavity.
5. Place the baking dish in the center rack of the oven and bake for about an hour or till the temperature of the chicken reaches 165 degrees when poked with a meat thermometer.
6. Let rest for 10 minutes and serve.
Silvia Pinto, Drexel Food Lab