The cart is empty
Servings: 12 Prep time: 20minutes
These are really great corn muffins, and so easy to make. The secret ingredient is that old health salad stand-by cottage cheese. It makes them moist and quite delicious. You can throw some together for breakfast, or to eat with chili. If you don’t or can’t eat them all, they freeze well. Freeze 4 to a quart bag and keep them for a rainy day.
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a muffin pan with paper muffin cups. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl whisk together the whole wheat pastry flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
3. In a small bowl, blend the cottage cheese, milk, butter, olive oil, whole egg and egg yolk together.
4. Stir the cottage cheese mixture and corn kernels to the dry ingredient, mix with a wooden spoon just until all the flour has been absorbed. The mixture will be thick, almost like a cookie batter.
5. Spoon the dough into the prepared muffin molds. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes, or until the tops are lightly golden brown. Let cook in the pan for 5 minutes then transfer the muffins to a wire rack.
Ann’s Tips and Tricks
You can substitute whole wheat pastry flour with half all-purpose flour and half whole wheat flour.