The cart is empty
Servings: 4 Prep time: 20minutes
Fig & Goat Cheese Pizza
The mix of figs and goat cheese in this simple, quick pizza makes it the epitome of sweet and salty. It’s the perfect wake up call to a palate that’s been jaded by chemo. This Fig & Goat Cheese Pizza is truly delicious. Since it uses pre-made naan, the Indian flat bread, it’s a snap to make, a real gourmet dinner in a hurry. Give it a whirl.
1. Put the figs in a small bowl with just enough hot water to cover. Set aside to steep for 15-20 minutes.
2. In a medium saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the shallots and cook for 3 minutes. Add the figs, water and balsamic vinegar. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium low. Cook for 20 to 30 minutes or until the figs have become very soft and the liquid has reduced to a thick syrup. Using a wooden spoon break up the figs. The whole thing should look jammy.
3. Preheat the broiler or toaster oven.
4. Lay out the flat bread and spread ¼ cup of the fig sauce on each of the flat breads. Evenly top with the goat cheese and sliced red onion. Toast for 5 minutes, or until the flat breads are well browned.
5. Once the flat breads are out of the oven, top with arugula, chopped pistachios, fresh figs, and flaky salt. Serve immediately or at room temperature.
Ann’s Tips and Tricks
If you can’t find the Indian flat bread naan in your local market, use medium size pita breads instead.