The cart is empty
Servings: Makes 32 cookies Prep time: 20minutes
Honey Walnut Cookies
These are simple but full of flavor, and they come together in no time. The dough freezes well making them perfect for an easy holiday dessert.
1. In a large bowl, beat the butter, sugar, and vanilla, until creamy.
2. Add the flour and, with a pastry blender or 2 knives, combine the mixture until crumbly. Stir in the walnuts.
3. Add the yogurt. Mix with your fingertips until a dough is formed.
4. Turn the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead until well blended, about 1 minute.
5. Wrap the dough in waxed paper or plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for 1 hour.
6. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
7. Tear off small chunks of dough and roll between your hands to form 1½-inch balls. Place them on the prepared baking sheets and flatten with the back of a fork.
8. Brush the cookies generously with honey and bake for 15 minutes or until pale golden.
9. Cool the cookies on a wire rack, and brush with extra honey. Serve.
For more sweet holiday treat recipes, check out our Holiday Cookies & Cakes Slideshow.
Ann’s Tips and Tricks
Eat all sweet, sugary treats in moderation. A little bit of sweetness can make you feel good, but don’t overdo it! High calorie desserts are best as a treat, never a habit.