The cart is empty
Servings: 6-8 Prep time: 20minutes
Lemon & Rosemary Baked Fish
Rosemary, lemon, and capers are a marriage made in heaven for white fish. This really simple recipe is a riff on something I saw chef Jamie Oliver make on TV in the U.K. some years ago. It makes any white fish taste special — and without too much cooking, either. For a real southern Mediterranean feel, try scattering anchovies onto the dish before baking.
1. Mix the garlic, rosemary, capers, lemon zest, and olive oil in a bowl. Roll the fish in the oil and herbs. Leave to sit in the fridge for 10-15 minutes.
2. While the fish is marinating, preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
3. Put the fish in a shallow baking dish in a single layer. Cover with the remaining marinade. Season with salt and pepper. Layer the lemon slices over the fish, overlapping them to look like scales. Pour wine around the fish.
4. Bake on a high shelf for 15-20 minutes or until the fish is just done. The lemon slices will be golden and caramelized.
5. Take the fish out of the oven and let it sit for about 5 minutes to steam and finish cooking. Serve immediately.
Ann’s Tips and Tricks
If you don’t want to use white wine, put the juice of 1 lemon into a measuring cup and bring it up to ⅔ cup with water.