The cart is empty
Servings: 4 Prep time: 30minutes
Roast Chicken with Olives, Shallots & Prunes
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spread the olives, prunes, shallots and lemon sliced in the bottom of a deep roasting pan. Drizzle with 1 teaspoon of olive oil and salt.
3. Mix the cumin, salt, paprika, cayenne and turmeric together. Rub evenly onto the chicken.
4. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil over medium-high in a wide skillet, brown the chicken in batches, turning to brown all sides. Place the chicken on top of the olive mixture in the roasting pan. Once all the chicken has been browned, add the 1 cup of water and 1 tablespoon of vinegar to the pan, over high heat scrape up the bits at the bottom of the pan and cook until half has evaporated. Pour this into the roasting pan.
5. Roast for 20 to 30 minutes or until all the chicken is cooked through. Let rest then serve with Basic Couscous.
Ann’s Tips and Tricks
We’ve found at our classes that making changes to basic meals by introducing different flavors and spices can really help patients get past the taste problem. Although we all know comparisons are odious, it’s hard not to make them when your taste buds fail you. When you try something new,there’s less to compare it to. Be bold!