The cart is empty
Servings: 4 Prep time: 30minutes
Roasted Radish & Farro Salad
1. Combine the farro with 6 cups of water and a pinch of salt. Bring to a boil, then cover and reduce to a simmer for about 30 minutes or until the grain is plump and chewy. Drain, then transfer to a large bowl.
2. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
3. Cut the greens off the radishes, chop and set aside. Quarter the radish roots and toss with 1 tablespoon of olive oil, salt and pepper. Spread evenly onto the prepared baking sheet and roast in the oven for 20-30 minutes or until browned and tender.
4. In a skillet over medium heat, add the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil and clove of garlic. Once the garlic begins to turn golden, add the radish greens and cook stirring until wilted, about 3 minutes. Discard the garlic and pour greens into the cooked farro.
5. Once the radishes have roasted, toss them with the farro and radish greens. Stir in the lemon juice, and more salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Ann’s Tips and Tricks
Farro freezes well, so when you make a batch, freeze what you don’t need for another meal.