The cart is empty
Servings: 12 Prep time: 30minutes
Until I moved to the US I never knew that zucchini could be used as an ingredient in delicious quick breads and muffins. I now realize summer squashes grow so well here that by the end of summer, more and more cunning ways have to be found to use them up. This moist Zucchini Bread does them proud. It is an office favorite, but high in calories, so we ration ourselves to keep our waistlines from suffering. Eat all things in moderation, but most especially the sweet ones.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease 9-inch loaf pan. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the whole wheat pastry flour, baking soda, baking powder, sea salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Stir in the coconut, walnuts and ginger, if using. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, lightly whisk the eggs. Mix in the coconut oil, sugars, and vanilla extract, then stir in the grated zucchini. Stir in the flour mixture with a wooden spoon or spatula, just until combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan, and dot the top with some walnut halves. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out with a few clinging crumbs.
- Let cool in the baking tin on a rack for 20 minutes, then turn out. Let cool completely before slicing.
Ann's Tips and Tricks
If you cannot find whole wheat pastry flour then substitute half whole wheat flour and half all-purpose flour.
You can bake this mixture in muffin cups too. It will make about 20 to 25 minutes. For best results, do not over mix the batter.