This cool Crunchy Summer Salad is exactly the ticket to get through the heat of summer. Made from classic summer veggies, I first ate it as part of a delicious dinner my friend Cydney Cort put together on Martha’s Vineyard. I just loved how in no time at all she turned humble garden cucumbers and colorful peppers into a divinely crunchy, festive looking dish bursting with summer flavor. It’s perfect alongside Curried Chickpea Patties or Dill & Mint Marinated Salmon.
- Whisk the oil, lime juice, and salt together in a medium salad bowl.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- ½ teaspoon sea salt or to taste
- 2 to 3 garden cucumbers, peeled and cut into a ½ ” chunks
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes OR 1 medium beefsteak tomato, seeded and cut into ½ ” chunks
- 1 orange pepper, seeded and cut into ½” squares
- 1 yellow pepper, seeded and cut into ½” chunks
- 1 tablespoon of your favorite soft-leaved summer herb shredded. (Choose either mint, basil leaves or cilantro).
Ann's Tips and Tricks
For a quick light lunch, add protein and a lot of flavor, by sprinkling ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese over the salad before serving. You can use 1 medium English cucumber instead of the garden cucumbers.