This cool Crunchy Summer Salad is exactly the ticket to get through the heat of summer. Made from classic summer veggies, I first ate it as part of a delicious dinner my friend Cydney Cort put together on Martha’s Vineyard. I just loved how in no time at all she turned humble garden cucumbers and colorful peppers into a divinely crunchy, festive looking dish bursting with summer flavor. It’s perfect alongside Curried Chickpea Patties or Dill & Mint Marinated Salmon.
- 1. Whisk the oil, lime juice, and salt together in a medium salad bowl.
- 2.Tip in the cucumber, tomatoes, orange and yellow peppers, and the shredded herbs. Toss together. Let sit in the fridge for 30 minutes for the flavors to develop. Taste for salt. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- ½ teaspoon sea salt or to taste
- 2 to 3 garden cucumbers, peeled and cut into a ½ ” chunks
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes OR 1 medium beefsteak tomato, seeded and cut into ½ ” chunks
- 1 orange pepper, seeded and cut into ½” squares
- 1 yellow pepper, seeded and cut into ½” chunks
- 1 tablespoon of your favorite soft-leaved summer herb shredded. (Choose either mint, basil leaves or cilantro).
Ann's Tips and Tricks
For a quick light lunch, add protein and a lot of flavor, by sprinkling ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese over the salad before serving. You can use 1 medium English cucumber instead of the garden cucumbers.