The cart is empty
Servings: Make 1 8-inch tart Prep time: 45minutes
Peach & Redcurrant Tart
This simple, fresh, Peach & Redcurrant Tart makes a wonderful summer treat. Redcurrants are fiddly to prep, but their delicious tartness sets off the taste of ripe summer peaches to perfection, and is well worth the trouble.
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Line the tart crust with parchment paper and fill the tart crust with baking beans. Bake the pie crust ‘blind’ for 15 minutes then remove the beans and paper. Return to the oven and bake until golden, another 20 – 25 minutes or so. Set on a rack to cool.
3. Meanwhile, in a bowl, pour boiling water over the peaches — this will ease the removal of the skin. Let them sit for 1 minute then using a fork peel off the skin. The skin should split where the fork goes in making it easy to pull off. Cut the peaches in half and remove the pits, then slice them into thin wedges.
4. In a bowl gently toss together the peach wedges, redcurrants and sugar. Put into the fridge to chill.
5. Just before you want to serve your tart, using a slotted spoon, fill the tart crust with the chilled fruit. For a less rustic look, you can also arrange the wedges in a pattern. Reserve any leftover juices in a bowl to spoon over the tart as you serve. Decorate with a few shredded mint leaves and serve.
Ann’s Tips and Tricks
If you are tired, buy frozen pastry at the store. The filling for this tart is also delicious on its own as a summer salad.