As a kid in the UK, one of my favorite sandwiches was cheddar cheese with raspberry jam. In this yummy incarnation, we’ve used delicious, high fiber Wyman’s Fresh Frozen Red Raspberries to make a tart chutney that turns a simple grilled cheese sandwich into a gourmet treat. Fruit is so good for us, this Wyman’s Raspberry Jam Grilled Cheese recipe is just one creative way to get more of it.
- In a small pot combine Wyman’s fresh frozen raspberries, balsamic vinegar, thyme and honey. Cover with a lid and simmer over medium heat for 10 minutes. Uncover and continue to simmer until reduced and jammy. Turn off the heat.
- Lay down 2 slices of bread on a board, spread the raspberry jam evenly then place each with a layer of cheese, then top with the remaining slices of bread. Press lightly. Butter both sides of the sandwich
- Heat a cast-iron skillet or griddle over medium low heat. Place the sandwiches in the pan, and cook until golden brown on each side and the cheese has melted, about 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Cut the sandwiches in half and serve immediately.
- 1 cup Wyman’s Fresh Frozen Red Raspberries
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 4 thick slices of good whole grain bread
- 5 ounces sharp Cheddar cheese, sliced thin or grated
- 2 tablespoons butter