This lemony white bean hummus will bowl you over! It is super delicious and a wonderful alternative to the more traditional chickpea version. This creamy savory treat is bursting with protein, minerals and fiber and is excellent as a dip, in sandwiches and even as a base for vegan pizzas. Add to that a kick of citrusy Aleppo pepper and you’re set! Enjoy!
- In the bowl of a food processor, place the cannellini beans, tahini, cumin, lemon juice, and zest. Puree the beans until smooth. Season with salt to taste.
- Heap onto a plate and spread out with a knife. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with the Aleppo pepper if using and the parsley, Serve with a selection of veggie sticks or homemade Whole Wheat Pita Chips.
- 1 can of cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup tahini
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- Sea salt to taste
- 2 teaspoons olive oil for drizzling
- ¼ teaspoon Aleppo pepper flakes (optional)
- Chopped parsley or cilantro for garnish
Ann's Tips and Tricks
If you can’t find Aleppo pepper, sprinkle with regular red pepper flakes