Sweet potato ‘fries’ are one of our favorite side dishes. Kids love them, and they feel much naughtier than they actually are, since they’re baked in the oven and not fried! Add some maple syrup to create these Maple Sweet Potato Fries and you have the perfect fall comfort food. Enjoy.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Wash and scrub potatoes to clean and remove dirt.
- Leave skin on and cut sweet potato into 1-inch slices. Take each slice and cut into sticks (about 1 inch by 1 inch by 4 inches).
- Toss sticks in a bowl with the oil and maple syrup. Add nutmeg, cloves and salt and toss, making sure the fries are well coated with the seasonings.
- Line sheet tray with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Spread the fries onto the tray, in a single layer.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes. Let cool for 10 minutes.
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon salt
Ann's Tips and Tricks
Try to cut sweet potato fries into equally sized pieces so they cook at the same rate. Make sure the fries are covered in enough oil, if they aren’t they will burn quite easily!