Hello, it’s Kathleene Ulanday! I am a graduate student research assistant at Columbia University for the Mi Vida Saludable Study. This newsletter focuses on troubleshooting some FitBit problems
you may have. Enjoy!
Mi Vida Saludable News #16
Quick Fixes for the FitBit
How many steps have you taken today? Every step counts towards the ultimate goal of 10,000 or more! Check your FitBit throughout the day to see your progress.
Replacing Your FitBit Battery
1. Use the battery door tool to unlock the battery door. Insert the tool into the slot on the back of the unit, and turn the door counterclockwise to remove it.
2. Once the door has been removed, insert the provided battery into the back of the unit, with the “+” sign facing up. The battery will rest in the center of the compartment.
3. Once the battery is in place, align the arrow on the battery door with the ‘unlock’ icon on your Zip to put the battery door in place. Use the battery door tool to ‘lock’ the battery door by turning it clockwise until the arrow on the door lines up with the ‘lock’ icon.
With normal use, your Zip’s battery should last approximately 6 months. At the beginning of the Mi Vida Saludable study, you were given a Health Coaching booklet with your Fitbit manual and extra batteries. Please look in your booklet.
What Your FitBit Tracks
Zip’s display will show you the following:
- Steps taken
- Calories burned
- Distance traveled
- A clock
- The Fitbit Smiley, which highlights your recent activity level
Wearing Your FitBit
- Zip works best when it is worn on or very close to the body. Ideal places to wear your Zip include a shirt pocket, bra, pants pocket, belt, or waistband. Try out a few different locations to see what is most comfortable and secure for you.
- The ideal way to wear your Fitbit Zip is in the center of your bra, the display facing your body.
- The Zip is not meant to be worn in direct contact with the skin. Always use the silicone holder when clipping it to a bra or waistband, with the display facing outward. Do not wear the Zip inside your bra.
- Some users may experience skin irritation even when wearing the Zip as instructed on the bra or waistband. If this occurs we recommend clipping it on your pocket, belt, or other external piece of clothing.
Important Things To Know
- Zip is not waterproof. It should not be worn while swimming. Zip is splash, rain and sweat proof.
- Troubleshooting and assistance for your Fitbit Zip tracker can be found at http://help.fitbit.com – or give us a call! Please see Amanda’s phone number below.
The National Cancer Institute has resources available to help manage life after treatment available here: http://www.cancer.gov/publications/patient-education/facing-forward
For more recipes, how-to articles, and videos on making healthy choices, visit:www.cookforyourlife.org
Questions or comments?
Please contact Amanda Marín-Chollom: (212) 305-3640