Mangoes make great salsa! This Mango Salsa is a delicious side that adds a tropical touch to the most prosaic of meals. Give it a try!
Click here to learn how to dice mangoes.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Taste for seasonings, then eat immediately or cover tightly and keep in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- 2 cups diced, peeled and pitted mango
- 2 teaspoons minced shallot or red onion
- 2 teaspoons minced jalapeño
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 2 teaspoons lemon or lime juice
Ann's Tips and Tricks
Make the salsa 30 to1 hour before you need it. It will taste even be better if you give the flavors time to develop.
This recipe is also good a good way to use mangoes that are a little under-ripe. The salsa will just be more tart.