You’d never normally think of the words &’stuffing’ and ‘kale’ in the same sentence let alone the same recipe. This holiday classic, Kale & Pecan Stuffing, brings the two happily together in a tasty treat that marries the health benefits of kale with all the satisfaction a good stuffing brings to the taste buds.
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly oil a 9 by 13 inch glass baking dish.
2. In a wide skillet over medium-high heat, cook the olive oil with onions and celery until caramelized, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add the chopped kale, garlic, sage, pecans, salt, and pepper. Stir to mix well. Add the water or stock and cider vinegar. Cover and cook for 3 minutes. Taste for seasoning then turn off the heat.
4. In a large bowl, combine the melted butter with the eggs. Add the kale mixture and cubed bread, and toss to coat very well.
5. Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish, drizzle with some olive oil and bake covered for 30 minutes. Uncover and continue baking for 20 minutes, or until the top and sides are golden.
Be the first to leave a review.