Common ingredients from your pantry can transform plain old sweet potatoes into a truly delectable side. These sweet potato fries are definitely sweet but they are certainly aren’t fried. They are baked with a little oil and vinegar to produce the perfect snack or side when you’re feeling like something savory, classic, and did we say delicious? Try them.
Watch the video to learn how to make it.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line sheet tray with parchment paper or aluminum foil.
2. Wash and scrub sweet potatoes to clean and remove dirt. Leave skin on and cut into 1-inch slices. Take each slice and cut into sticks (about 1 inch by 1 inch by 4 inches). Set aside.
3. Mix together the Extra Virgin Olive Oil and red wine vinegar in a medium to large bowl. Add the sweet potato sticks and toss in the oil and red wine vinegar until thinly coated. Add salt, oregano, and pepper if using. Toss again, making sure the sweet potatoes are well coated with the seasonings. Spread the fries onto the prepared sheet tray, in a single layer. Do not overcrowd or they won’t get crisp.
4. Bake for 16-18 minutes or until tender. Let cool for 10 minutes.
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoons salt or to taste
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper (optional)
Ann's Tips and Tricks
Cut the fries into similar size and shapes so they cook evenly. Feel free to add extra seasoning as desired.
For less fiber, peel the potatoes first.