Posole is one of my favorite soups and this light, flavor packed spicy Turkey Posole gives new meaning to the idea of making do with leftovers. Making do? This easy dish is a delight in it’s own right and a good enough reason for turkey in the first place. Try it!
- In a small pot, bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Remove from heat, add chile pepper and let steep until plump.
- In a blender, process the chili peppers, ground cumin, chili powder, garlic cloves, 1 cup onion and 1 cup water until smooth. Strain through a sieve and reserve liquid.
- In a large pot over medium heat, heat olive oil. Add remaining onions and sauté for about 5 minutes, or until translucent. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add turkey thighs and oregano. Cover with 10 cups water and chile liquid. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer. Simmer the soup for about 30 minutes, or until turkey is thoroughly cooked and fork-tender.
- Remove turkey from pot and shred with two forks. Return turkey to pot and add hominy. Cook for another 5 minutes until turkey and hominy are warmed through.
- Serve in bowls and garnish with cilantro, red cabbage and radishes.
Be the first to leave a review.