I love seafood pastas. They are among the fastest most nutritious meals you can throw together in a hurry. This one is no exception. It’s super simple. All you need is garlic, shrimp, lemon, and, of course olive oil. You can have it on the table in the time it takes for the quick cooking angel hair pasta to be al dente. Bellissimo!
1. In a large saucepot, boil 6 quarts of salted water.
2. While water is coming to a boil, heat a large saute pan with olive oil over medium heat. Saute garlic 1 minute until soft. Add the pepper flakes, cook an additional minute. Remove from heat.
3. Cook pasta until al dente, following package directions.
4. Return saute pan to heat. Add shrimp, cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add about ¼ cup of the pasta water to the saute pan, stirring.
5. Add cooked pasta to pot. Season with lemon and add the basil leaves. Cook 30 seconds and toss pasta together and serve.
Peter Schoemer, Drexel Food Lab
Ann's Tips and Tricks
As always if you are on the neutropenic diet, make sure to thoroughly cook the shrimp.
Red pepper flakes are quite spicy. If you want less heat, add a whole dried red pepper to the oil along with the minced garlic and cook them together for 2 minutes or until the garlic is just turning golden. Carry on as per recipe. Just before serving the pasta, remove it from the pan so that no one bites into it.
Be the first to leave a review.