This yummy dish uses two of summer’s best: peaches and blueberries. It is extremely easy to put together, and uses basic ingredients like oatmeal and ground cinnamon that most of us have in our cupboards. Better yet, for even quicker prep, you can use frozen fruit instead of fresh, plus it’s also a great way to get the taste of the 4th of July in the depths of winter.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a medium sized bowl, combine peaches, blueberries, sugar, lemon juice and vanilla.
3. In a separate bowl, combine diced butter, oats, cinnamon and salt. Mix together with your fingertips until blended.
4. In a 9 x 13 pan, pour fruit mixture into pan. Spread oat mixture evenly on top of the fruit.
5. Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
Ann's Tips and Tricks
Peeling peaches made easy: bring a pot of water to a boil and put in the peaches whole. Cook for 2 minutes then gently spoon the peaches into a colander, and run cold water over them just long enough so you can handle them. Discard the water. Spear the peach with a fork at the stem end and gently pull at the skin where it has split around the fork. It will come away easily.
Be the first to leave a review.