This Roasted Pineapple dish is one of the simplest, most delicious ways to eat pineapple. It’s shockingly good. Since the fruit is cooked, it’s safe from mischief causing microbes making it a perfect treat for pineapple lovers on chemo. We use a little melted butter to bake the pineapple, but if you want to avoid dairy or prefer to eat vegan, brush the wedges with the same amount of melted coconut oil instead.
1. Preheat the oven 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Lay the pineapple on its side and slice off the top and the bottom. Stand the pineapple upright and trim off the rind. Try to get as much of the ‘eyes’ off as possible. Slice the pineapple in half, then into quarters. Lay a quarter on the cutting board and slice out the tough core. Repeat with all the quarters.
3. Slice each wedge in half and place on the prepared baking sheet. Brush each wedge with half the melted butter or coconut oil and sprinkle evenly with 2 tablespoons of sugar. Roast for 15 minutes.
4. Flip the pineapple wedges and brush with the remaining butter or oil and roast for another 15 minutes.
5. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Be the first to leave a review.