Yet another way to quickly transform our versatile Quick Tomato Sauce into something new — a briny and bright puttanesca. Traditionally served over pasta, puttanesca goes great with a simple broiled fish like in this Broiled Cod with Puttanesca Sauce recipe.
1. Heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onions and cook until translucent, do not let them brown. Add the Quick Tomato Sauce, olives, and capers. Mix well, reduce heat to medium and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in the parsley and lemon zest. Cook for 1 minute more. Set aside and keep warm.
2. Heat the broiler. Lay the cod fillets on a baking sheet lined with foil. Drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook under the broiler for about 8 minutes or until opaque in the center. Top with puttanesca sauce and serve with wilted spinach and Basic Polenta.
- 4 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- ½ small onion
- 1 cup Quick Tomato Sauce
- 6 green olives, pitted and roughly chopped
- 6 Kalamata olives, pitted roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 12 ounces cod fillet, cut into four equal pieces
- Salt and pepper, to taste