If you want to avoid eating too much red meat, this yummy Chicken Burger recipe is the perfect answer when barbeque season comes around. Tasty and satisfying, even red meat enthusiasts will enjoy chowing down on these juicy little patties. They’re also the perfect easy meal if you feel tired from treatment and need to rustle up a quick dinner for the family – a healthy solution to a perennial problem.
1. In a large glass bowl, mix the ground chicken with Parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, olive oil, minced shallots, thyme, lemon zest, tomato paste, and black pepper, until well combined. Form into 6 patties. Cover tightly and keep in the refrigerator if not cooking right away.
2. Generously salt the patties. Heat a skillet with 1 teaspoon of olive oil or grill. Add the patties, cover and cook for 5 minutes on each side. Serve on a bun with a fresh tomato slice, lettuce, and Basil Pesto.
- 1 pound ground chicken
- ½ freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup fresh Breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced shallot or onion
- 1 teaspoon thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoon tomato paste
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
Ann's Tips and Tricks
These patties can easily be made ahead of time and frozen. They will safely keep up to 1 month in the freezer, so be sure to date the package. When you want to eat them, either let them slowly defrost in the body of the fridge – this will take 3 to 4 hours, or run cold water over them under until they are soft.