This “pasta” dish has no pasta at all! The Zucchini in this Colorful Zucchini Tomato Pasta recipe is thinly sliced to create noodle-like pieces. You can slice them carefully with a knife, use a vegetable peeler for thin wide noodles, or you can use a spiralizer if vegetable noodles are your thing. It’s a great way to make a satisfying dish that’s plant-based. It’s so delicious and so good for you, give it a shot!
- In a sauté pan heat oil and cook red onions until softened and translucent. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add yellow tomatoes and lemon juice. Cook until tomatoes down and a sauce forms, about ten minutes. Add a splash of water periodically if needed. Season with salt and pepper.
- Meanwhile, in a pot of salted boiling water, cook zucchini until al dente, about 2-3 min.
- In the same pan as the sauce, gently mix the cooked zucchini into tomato sauce. Mix in ¼ cup of the parmesan and 1 tablespoon of the basil. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Garnish with remaining basil and parmesan and serve immediately.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 pint yellow cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 zucchinis, julienned
- ½ cup parmesan cheese; grated, divided
- 2 tablespoons basil; chopped, divided
- salt and pepper to taste
Ann's Tips and Tricks
Zucchini can also be shaved with a sharp vegetable peeler.