This Egg Salad Toast is one of the easiest, most nutritious snacks you can have, and it packs a serious protein punch. We like to hard boil eggs at the beginning of the week and store them in the fridge for a craving such as this. If you prefer you can substitute the mayo in this recipe for Greek yogurt.
- In a medium bowl, mix the chopped eggs, lemon juice, green onion, mayonnaise, parsley, and mustard. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toast bread slices until golden brown.
- Divide the egg salad mixture among the four toasts and spread into an even layer. Top with arugula and serve.
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced green onion
- 2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 slices of whole wheat or gluten-free bread
- 1 cup arugula