This Egg Salad Toast is one of the easiest, most nutritious snacks you can have, and it packs a serious protein punch. We like to hard boil eggs at the beginning of the week and store them in the fridge for a craving such as this. If you prefer you can substitute the mayo in this recipe for Greek yogurt.
1. In a medium bowl, mix the chopped eggs, lemon juice, green onion, mayonnaise, parsley, and mustard. Season with salt and pepper.
2. Toast bread slices until golden brown.
3. Divide the egg salad mixture among the four toasts and spread into an even layer. Top with arugula and serve.
Silvia Pinto, Drexel Food Lab
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced green onion
- 2 teaspoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 slices of whole wheat or gluten-free bread
- 1 cup arugula