Our fruit salad spring rolls are the perfect healthy dessert, quick to make, and an exotic way to get that sweet treat into your day. We’re all fans of savory spring rolls, but delicate rice paper can be used to wrap up fruits as well — in this case watermelon, green apple, and pineapple. These spring rolls are then dipped in our rich, protein packed tahini, yogurt and cocoa dip. These fruit salad spring rolls are the kind of dessert that feel decadent, but are quick to make and get most of their sweetness naturally from fruit. Enjoy!
- To make tahini yogurt sauce, in a medium bowl, mix together yogurt, tahini, cocoa powder, and honey. Chill.
- Fill a medium bowl with warm water and dip in a spring roll wrapper. Move it around until it feels very pliable, about 30 seconds. Place on a clean cutting board and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Add in about 1/8 portion of watermelon, pineapple, and apple. Tuck in sides of the wrapper and tightly roll.
- Repeat this process with the remaining rolls. Cut each roll in half.
- Serve spring rolls with tahini yogurt sauce.
Isabel Guerriero, Drexel Food Lab
½ cup Greek yogurt
2 tablespoons tahini
½ teaspoon cocoa powder
2 tablespoons honey
½ cup watermelon, julienne
½ green apple, julienne
¼ cup pineapple, julienne
8 spring roll wrappers