This simple marinade will bring a little bit of Italy into your kitchen any time of year, and liven up the most basic of all meals, grilled chicken. I think bone in chicken is tastier, but if you prefer boneless, when trying this Italian-Style Grilled Chicken Breasts dish make sure to marinate whole boned chicken beasts, not the thin sliced breasts.
1.Combine all ingredients except the chicken in a large bowl. Beat together until well blended.
2. Place chicken in the bowl with marinade. Massage the marinade into the chicken until well coated. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and refrigerate up to 8 hours.
3. Pre-heat the grill or broiler.
4. Grill or broil the chicken about 10 minutes each side until browned and cooked through.
Emily Crasnick, Drexel Food Lab
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- Pinch salt, to taste
- 4 skinless chicken breasts, bone in
Ann's Tips and Tricks
Bring marinated meats to room temperature before grilling.
I often use a gallon resealable plastic bag to marinate chicken. Put the raw chicken in the bag, then pour the marinade over it. Squeeze as much air out of the bag as possible and seal. Massage the bag to evenly distribute the marinade and chill for 8 hours.