Fresh spinach is great. Sautéed spinach is even better. But sautéed spinach combined with tomatoes and ricotta cheese is just heavenly. While the ricotta cheese in this Ricotta-Spinach Toast provides a fresh base for the vegetables to lay, the spinach supplies savory flavor you need in order to have the perfect balance of flavors. Have it for lunch, dinner, or a snack! It’s a healthy option either way.
- Heat a medium size pan on medium heat. Add 2 teaspoons of olive oil. Once the oil is warm, sauté spinach until slightly wilted.
- Remove the spinach from the heat, squeeze to remove excess moisture and roughly chop.
- In a small bowl, mix ricotta, spinach, remaining olive oil, and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toast bread slices until golden brown.
- Spread ricotta mixture evenly on toast. Garnish with sun-dried tomatoes.