Fresh spinach is great. Sautéed spinach is even better. But sautéed spinach combined with tomatoes and ricotta cheese is just heavenly. While the ricotta cheese in this Ricotta-Spinach Toast provides a fresh base for the vegetables to lay, the spinach supplies savory flavor you need in order to have the perfect balance of flavors. Have it for lunch, dinner, or a snack! It’s a healthy option either way.
1. Heat a medium size pan on medium heat. Add 2 teaspoons of olive oil. Once the oil is warm, sauté spinach until slightly wilted.
2. Remove the spinach from the heat, squeeze to remove excess moisture and roughly chop.
3. In a small bowl, mix ricotta, spinach, remaining olive oil, and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Toast bread slices until golden brown.
5. Spread ricotta mixture evenly on toast. Garnish with sun-dried tomatoes.
Silvia Pinto, Drexel Food Lab