The wonderful thing about salmon quiche, is that it can be either a meal or a snack. With the boost of protein from the salmon, surprisingly simple to prepare, this quiche is a quick, flavorful, and healthy option waiting to be tested!
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. On a clean and floured surface, roll out the pie dough to a ¼ inch thick (if not
using a prepared crust) and fit into a pie tin, cutting off the extra dough. Poke a
few holes in the crust with a fork. Bake crust in the preheated oven for 5 minutes.
Once par-baked, remove it from the oven and let cool slightly. Turn the oven
down to 350 degrees.
3. Drain salmon liquid into a cup and reserve. Put salmon in a bowl and remove
large bones and skin; flake salmon.
4. Spread salmon evenly in the baked pie crust; sprinkle with lemon juice.
5. Cook onion in the butter until translucent; transfer to the pie crust and sprinkle
6. Mix 3 tablespoons of the salmon liquid with eggs, milk and cheese. Season with
salt and pepper; pour over salmon and onion. Sprinkle with some extra gruyere.
7. Bake quiche for 45 to 50 minutes, or until firm.
Julianne Scott, Drexel Food Lab
Be the first to leave a review.