Our Salsa verde sauce tastes tart and bright. Made with cilantro and spicy jalapenos, it’s great with grilled meats or as a dip for our Baked Whole Wheat Tortilla Chips. Once you’ve tasted homemade, there’s no going back to store bought!
This recipe makes around 1.5 cups.
1. Combine all ingredients into a blender until pureed.
- 4 poblano peppers, seeds removed
- 3 tomatillos
- 1 small onion peeled and cut into 4 pieces
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 cups cilantro, washed and roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 jalapeno or Serrano chili, seeds removed
- Pinch of salt
Ann's Tips and Tricks
If you can’t find tomatillos, use half of a small green apple and 1 tablespoon water instead. For a hotter sauce, use the whole pepper and chili, seeds and all.