In Italy, there are many dishes that combine artichokes and potatoes. This tasty Roasted Potatoes & Artichokes recipe is a great way to use canned artichoke hearts, and an easy change up to regular roast potatoes. It’s a great side for a light dinner for two, and a great way to get much needed fiber and carbohydrates.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking tray with parchment paper, set aside.
- Put the potatoes in a stockpot and cover with cold water. Bring to a boil, then continue to boil just until the potatoes are soft, about 15 minutes. Drain and let sit until cool enough to handle. Rub or peel off the skins, and cut into a ½-inch dice.
- In a large bowl, toss the diced potatoes and quartered artichokes with the olive oil and a generous pinch of salt. Spread in a single layer the prepared baking tray and roast for 30 minutes, turning halfway through, or until the potatoes are golden brown and the artichokes are crispy.
- Sprinkle with sea salt and a grinding of black pepper and serve immediately.
- 1 pound Russet or Yukon Gold potatoes, washed and scrubbed
- 1 (14 ounce) can of artichoke hearts, drained, rinsed, patted dry, and quartered
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Sea salt, to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
Ann's Tips and Tricks
If you want to get fancy, in step 3 toss a handful oil cured black olives into the bowl, and roast them all together.