This Slow Roasted Rosemary Spiced Almonds recipe is easy and forgiving, just what’s needed during cancer treatment. The low oven temperature results in crisp roast nuts that never char, so if you forget them, it’s not the end of the world, the result will still be perfect snack nuts. Just a few minutes of prep time, pop the nuts in the oven and go put your feet up and the timer on! Two hours later they’re crispy, done, and delicious. Make a bunch to have around the house for when hunger strikes.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. In a medium mixing bowl, toss together the almonds, salt, and spices. Set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk the egg white with a fork or metal whisk until foamy.
- Add egg white to almonds a little at a time until almonds appear glazed and shiny and the seasonings have begun to stick to the almonds.
- Bake almonds on a cookie sheet for 2 hours or until they achieve desired level of crispness.
- ½ pound of almonds, whole, shelled
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. dried rosemary
- ¼ tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 egg white
Ann's Tips and Tricks
You don’t need to waste the egg yolk. Just add it to an omelet or some scrambled eggs. Line your cookie sheet with parchment paper for easier clean-up and handling.