This Spiced Oven Roasted Cauliflower recipe is one of my favorite ways to cook this delicious vegetable! To bring hard coconut oil to liquid form, stand it in a bowl of hot water for about 10 minutes. Click here for the video!
1. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the oil, turmeric, and cumin seeds. Add the cauliflower and toss together well coated.
3. Take a non-stick cookie sheet, rub with a little extra oil and put in the oven for 5 minutes to heat up. When it is hot, pour the cauliflower onto the sheet and spread out into a single layer. Sprinkle with salt. If not using a non-stick sheet, line with parchment paper.
4. Return to the oven and bake on a high shelf. Gently turn the cauliflower from time to time until they are tender with golden brown spots all over, about 25 to 30 minutes.
Read our article on the health benefits of cauliflower.
- 2 tablespoons coconut or grape seed oil
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 large cauliflower (about 2½ – 3 pounds), cut into medium florets
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste