All the spices and flavors come together perfectly in this delicious squash coconut curry noodle dish. The prep for this meal looks more difficult than it actually is because of all the ingredients, but once all the veggies are prepped it comes together very quickly.
Check Ann’s Tip for some delicious protein additions.
Squash Coconut Curry Noodles Preperation
1. Heat the oil in a wok or large skillet with a lid over a medium-high heat. When oil starts to shimmer, add the garlic, ginger, and jalapeno. Stir-fry until the garlic starts to turn golden.
2. Add the onions and pepper and continue to stir fry until the onions begin to soften, but not color.
3. Mix in the cubed squash. Cover and turn the heat down to medium. Cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally to make the sure vegetables do not stick to the bottom of the pan.
4. Uncover, turn the heat up to medium-high and add the turmeric, coriander, ground cloves, and cayenne to the pan. Mix well to coat the vegetables. Cook, stirring for 1 minute.
5. Add the coconut milk, water, salt, and sesame oil. Mix well.
6. Bring the heat down to a simmer, cover and cook for about 10-15 minutes or until squash is tender, stirring occasionally. Add a little water if looks too dry; the curry should be saucy.
7. Once the sauce is tender, stir in the Thai rice noodles, lime juice, cilantro, and bean sprouts. Mix well. Cook through for 1 minute. Taste for seasonings, then serve.
Be the first to leave a review.