Arroz con pollo is a classic Latin way to spice up chicken and rice. Browning the chicken first brings out the flavor of the chicken. Using brown rice in this recipe is not only a healthier choice it helps absorb the vegetable stock without becoming too mushy. Perfect for texture and taste. This recipe is so easy to make with little hands on effort. It’s perfect for a healthy weeknight dinner, and makes perfect leftovers.
- In a large bowl, combine salt, garlic powder, black pepper and cayenne pepper. Add diced chicken and mix to coat.
- In a large sauté pan, over medium heat, add olive oil to pan and brown chicken on both sides. Transfer chicken to plate.
- In the same pan, on medium- low heat, add olive oil and then add chopped onions and red pepper. Sauté for 5-7minutes until vegetables are tender.
- Add rice and stir to incorporate.
- Add vegetable stock and chopped tomatoes. Bring to a boil. Add salt and pepper to taste
- Add the chicken to the rice. Reduce heat and simmer, covered, until rice is tender and chicken is thoroughly cooked, about 15-18 minutes.
Christa Kwaw-Yankson, Drexel Food Lab
Be the first to leave a review.