I always keep frozen or canned artichoke hearts in my pantry. Not only do I love the taste, but they are a terrific standby when you need to make a meal in a hurry, whether it’s a pasta or risotto, or these yummy gluten-free Artichoke and Red Pepper Tacos. Don’t be tempted to use artichokes that are under oil for this. They are a very different veggie. They are already cooked, herbed, and spiced and are best eaten as an appetizer or snack in their own right. Your pantry artichokes should be either frozen or canned in water to be at their most versatile. Try them in this yummy easy dish!
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Wrap tortillas in foil and place in oven to warm, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place a sauté pan over medium heat and add olive oil. Add artichokes and red peppers to pan. Season with cayenne pepper, garlic, salt, and pepper. Cook for about 10 minutes, until peppers are soft.
- In a small bowl combine yogurt, lime juice and cilantro. Season with salt and pepper.
- Assemble tacos by layering artichoke mixture onto warm tortillas. Top with Greek yogurt sauce. Serve immediately.
- 8 corn tortillas
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and diced
- 1 medium red pepper, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 teaspoons cilantro, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste