This Baked Chicken with Adobo is so easy to make and delicious to boot. Homemade adobo paste is so much better than store bought. You can adjust the spices to your taste to make it your own special blend.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Prepare the adobo sauce as described here. Rub the Adobo paste all over the chicken –- be generous! Tie the legs together and place the chicken in a shallow roasting pan. Bake in the hot oven for about 20 minutes or until the chicken starts to turn golden.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and squeeze the lime juice all over it. Put the used lime halves into the chicken’s body cavity. Cover with foil.
- Return the chicken to the oven, turn the heat down to 325 degrees and bake for about 45 minutes or until the chicken juices run clear.
- Remove from oven, and let sit covered for about 10 minutes. Cut into pieces and serve with the chicken juices spooned over it.