Ideal for any event, this Salmon Pasta Casserole is a great crowd pleaser. Classically delicious, the salmon adds a delightful twist of flavor, not to mention a nice boost of protein and surprising source for vitamin D. Check out our article on all pertinent information with regards to Salmon. Pair with a crispy side salad for some extra vegetables.
1. Cook pasta until just al dente according to package instructions.
2. To make the sauce, melt the butter in a medium saucepot. Add the onion and sauté until transparent. Add the flour, and stir until combined. Cook for one minute or until the flour turns a light brown.
3. Slowly stir in the milk. Cook, stirring constantly, until smooth and thick. The mixture should coat the back of a wooden spoon. Add lemon juice, parsley and season with salt.
4. Spoon pasta into a greased casserole dish. Spread the salmon evenly over the top. Pour on third of the sauce over the pasta and salmon. Sprinkle 3/4 cup of cheese over it. Pour the rest of the sauce over it, and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
5. Bake at 375 for 25 minutes, or until hot and lightly browned.
Julianne Scott, Drexel Food Lab