Ideal for any event, this Salmon Pasta Casserole is a great crowd pleaser. Classically delicious, the salmon adds a delightful twist of flavor, not to mention a nice boost of protein and surprising source for vitamin D. Check out our article on all pertinent information with regards to Salmon. Pair with a crispy side salad for some extra vegetables.
- Cook pasta until just al dente according to package instructions.
- To make the sauce, melt the butter in a medium saucepot. Add the onion and sauté until transparent. Add the flour, and stir until combined. Cook for one minute or until the flour turns a light brown.
- Slowly stir in the milk. Cook, stirring constantly, until smooth and thick. The mixture should coat the back of a wooden spoon. Add lemon juice, parsley and season with salt.
- Spoon pasta into a greased casserole dish. Spread the salmon evenly over the top. Pour on third of the sauce over the pasta and salmon. Sprinkle 3/4 cup of cheese over it. Pour the rest of the sauce over it, and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
- Bake at 375 for 25 minutes, or until hot and lightly browned.