We love this Chipotle Chicken Sandwich because you can make a delicious chipotle mayo without breaking an egg let alone a sweat. A jar of mayo and some canned chipotle in adobo makes this possible, and luckily both are easily found. If you want something lighter than mayo, try our super easy Chipotle Yogurt Sauce instead. Once you’ve opened the can of chipotle, transfer what’s left into a clean airtight jar and store in the fridge until you make your next sandwich or chili. It will keep for about 3 weeks.
1. In a small bowl, mix the mayonnaise and chipotle until well blended. Evenly spread the chipotle mayonnaise mixture on 4 slices of bread.
2. Assemble sandwiches by evenly dividing the avocado, roasted tomatoes, arugula, and chicken. Serve.
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chipotle in adobo, chopped
- 4 slices whole wheat bread
- ½ small avocado, pitted, peeled and sliced
- ½ cup roasted cherry tomatoes or 6 slices of plum tomatoes (See Ann’s Tips)
- 1 cup lightly packed arugula or watercress (optional if on neutropenic diet)
- 3 ounces shredded rotisserie or leftover chicken
Ann's Tips and Tricks
To roast cherry tomatoes:
Preheat the broiler.
Slice the cherry tomatoes in half, drizzle with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Spread on a baking sheet, and put under the broiler for 5 to 7 minutes, or until caramelized.