Marble cake is a delicious, fun version of a classic pound cake. This Chocolate Marble Cake recipe is split into 2 halves, one plain pound cake, and the other chocolate. Dollops of the two batters are then put into the tin side by side, so that they swirl together in the cake as they bake. If you make sure the butter is soft before you make the cake, it couldn’t be easier. Eat as a simple dessert or as a sweet treat with a cup of good coffee.
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9 x 5 x 3-inch tin with butter or line with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. Into one bowl, make the Vanilla Orange Batter. Sift together the almond flour, whole wheat pastry flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir in the sugar and make a well in the center. Add the eggs, butter and the orange zest or vanilla. Beat together with a hand mixer until well blended. If the batter seems stiff, add some milk, 1 tablespoon at a time. Set aside.
3. In another bowl, make the Chocolate Batter. Sift together the almond flour, whole wheat pastry flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, salt, and cocoa powder. Stir in the sugar and make well in the center.; Add the eggs and butter. Beat together with a hand mixer until well blended. If the batter seems stiff, add some milk, 1 tablespoon at a time. Set aside.
4. Using a clean spatula for each bowl, pour each batter into the prepared loaf tin, a few spoonfuls at a time, alternating between the two batters. Do not smooth the top.
5. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until the cake is golden and a toothpick comes out clean. Let the cake sit for a 5 minutes in the tin, then turn it out to cool onto a wire rack. Serve as desired.
Check out our Healthy Deserts page for other decilcious desert recipe ideas!
Be the first to leave a review.