If you’re hankering for something sweet during treatment, rather than get a fix of totally empty calories over the counter, make yourself a batch of these yummy Chocolate Tahini Bars. Incredibly easy to throw together, a single serving of these rich, filling little treats will seriously satisfy your sweet tooth while bringing you some nourishment along with the calories. The toasted sesame seeds in the tahini not only make the bars deliciously nutty tasting, they add an abundance of nutrients and minerals to them as well. Yum!
1. Grease a 8”x8” glass baking dish.
2. In a large bowl, mix together graham cracker crumbs, confectioners’ sugar, tahini, and coconut oil. Pour the mixture into dish and flatten into an even layer.
3. Place chocolate chips into a large bowl. In a small pot, bring cream to a simmer. Pour the cream over the chocolate and stir the chocolate until melted and smooth. Pour the chocolate over the tahini mixture and spread into an even layer.
4. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for about 45 minutes, until the chocolate is set.
5. Cut into 12 squares and serve.
Ally Zeitz, Drexel Food Lab
- 1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- ¾ cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 cup tahini
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy cream
Ann's Tips and Tricks
Make sure to eat all sweets in moderation. A small piece of this should seriously satisfy any sweet cravings