This Citrus Macerated Strawberries recipe is the simplest way to enjoy the season’s best strawberries. The lemon juice intensifies their flavor. Instead of sugar, you can also use maple syrup to sweeten them. They’re delicious with or without!
- Wash and hull the strawberries. Halve small berries or quarter larger ones and put into a bowl.
- Add the lemon juice and sugar. Mix together well. Cover and leave in the fridge for about 1 hour to let the flavors and juice develop.
- Take the berries out of the fridge 30 minutes before serving. Spoon them into individual glasses or small bowls and eat with a dollop of Greek yogurt.
- 4 cups ripe strawberries
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar, or to taste
- Greek yogurt to serve