Sometimes during treatment, all you want is a nibble of something sweet to give you a lift. This quick, easy to make coconut granola has a coconut twist that makes it hard to stop eating. Coconut oil provides healthy mono-saturated fats and lauric acid which has been studied for its antimicrobial activity and positive effects on the immune system. Not only is this granola deliciously addictive, but it’s also good for you. This recipe will make about 5 cups so, put it into an airtight container and you’ll have plenty to enjoy over quite a few snacks and breakfasts!
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix all ingredients together except for the dried fruit.
3. Spread evenly onto a baking sheet and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned. Keep a close eye, the granola will burn fast.
4. Let cool on the baking sheet, and then stir in the dried fruit. Serve over yogurt or in milk. Store in an airtight container.
- 3 cups rolled oats (not instant)
- ½ cup unsalted pumpkin seeds
- ½ cup raw unsalted cashews, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- ¼ cup plus 1 tablespoon maple syrup, or to taste
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- Pinch salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cardamom
- ½ cup chopped dried apricots and raisins (or other combination of dried fruit)
Ann's Tips and Tricks
1 serving = 1/4 cup.