These deliciously addictive cookies come together in just 3 ingredients. Just make sure not to overcook them, they will be very pale and shouldn’t brown.
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
2. In a food processor combine the almond flour or chopped almonds with 1/2 cup of the sugar. Transfer to a large bowl.
3. In a separate bowl beat egg whites with an electric mixer until they form soft peaks. Gradually add the remaining sugar, beating all the while until you have glossy thick, creamy consistency.
4. Fold the egg whites into the almond sugar mixture. The dough will be sticky and stiff. Scoop out 1 tablespoon of dough and with wet hands, roll into 1-inch wide balls. Flatten slightly and put on a parchment lined baking sheet.
5. Bake for 12-15 minutes. The tops will be white and cracked, with a little browning on the undersides only. Remove from oven and let cool slightly on baking trays then transfer to a wire rack. Store in an airtight container.
Be the first to leave a review.