Kale may seem a strange choice for a smoothie, but this Green Kale Smoothie is a great way to drink your greens. And it tastes good. No, really!
- Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth. If you are using fresh mangos, we recommend adding in the ice cubes. Best if served immediately.For more cancer-fighting treats, check out our Kale Recipes Slideshow!
- 3 leaves of kale, washed and chopped
- ¼ cup parsley sprigs
- Half of 1 medium apple, cored and cut into chunks
- ⅔ cup of chopped mango fresh or frozen
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- ¾ cup cold water, or more if needed
- 2 ice cubes (optional)
Ann's Tips and Tricks
If using frozen fruit, do not defrost before putting into your smoothie!
For extra protein add 1/4 cup silken tofu.