I adore apricots and I adore grilled summer fruits, so for me this is a match made in heaven. Grilling the fruit not only caramelizes its sugars, intensifying flavor and sweetness, it also makes it safe to eat if you’re on a neutropenic diet, putting summer’s bounty back on the menu in the most divinely delicious, easy way.
Preheat grill. (See Ann’s Tips)
1. Fold mint and honey into Greek yogurt and let chill in refrigerator.
2. Place the apricots on the grill. Cook until they have nice grill marks and release easily. Cook on both sides.
3. Once cooked and soft, about 10 minutes if your apricots are not ripe or 5 minutes if they are, remove them from the grill and let cool.
4. Top with yogurt.
Ally Zeitz, Drexel Food Lab
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons honey (optional)
- 1 tablespoon mint, chopped
- 1 apricot, cut in half
Ann's Tips and Tricks
If you live in an apartment, you can cook these on top of the stove on a cast iron grill, or simply broil them, whatever comes easiest to you.