I adore apricots and I adore grilled summer fruits, so for me this is a match made in heaven. Grilling the fruit not only caramelizes its sugars, intensifying flavor and sweetness, it also makes it safe to eat if you’re on a neutropenic diet, putting summer’s bounty back on the menu in the most divinely delicious, easy way.
- Fold mint and honey into Greek yogurt and let chill in refrigerator.
- Place the apricots on the grill. Cook until they have nice grill marks and release easily. Cook on both sides.
- Once cooked and soft, about 10 minutes if your apricots are not ripe or 5 minutes if they are, remove them from the grill and let cool.
- Top with yogurt.
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons honey (optional)
- 1 tablespoon mint, chopped
- 1 apricot, cut in half
Ann's Tips and Tricks
If you live in an apartment, you can cook these on top of the stove on a cast iron grill, or simply broil them, whatever comes easiest to you.