This mango tart is the perfect summer treat for a hot day. The crust requires only a short time in the oven. The rest is completed in the microwave and then cooled in the refrigerator. This recipe is full of time-saving tricks, and it turns out a tasty tart that’s east to make and sure to please.
- Preheat oven to 350 oF.
- To make the crust: Place coconut, oats and Maria cookies in bowl of food processor and process until finely ground. Add the butter and pulse until well combined. Remove the mixture from the processor and transfer to an 8 or 9-inch tart mold. Press mixture firmly onto the bottom and sides of the tart mold to cover.
- Bake for 15 minutes until crust is light golden brown. Remove from oven and let it cool completely.
- To make the filling: Mix gelatin and water in a small glass or ceramic bowl. Let it hydrate for 5 minutes and then place bowl in a microwave for 10 seconds until gelatin is liquid. Let it cool slightly before use.
- Place mango, agave syrup, yogurt, heavy cream and lime zest in a blender and blend until completely smooth. Add soft gelatin and blend for 30 seconds more to incorporate.
- Pour mixture into prepared pie crust and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
1/3 cup (1 ounce) unsweetened dried coconut
1/3 cup (1 ounce) quick cooking oats
4 ounces Maria cookies (20 cookies)
3 ounces unsalted butter or coconut oil, melted
2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
2 tablespoons cold water
1 ½ cups (12 ounces) chopped frozen or fresh ripe mango, defrosted
5 tablespoons agave syrup
7 ounces plain Greek yogurt 2%
¼ cup heavy cream
Zest of 1 lime